Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIY Project: the bag that changes its color

I think this DIY is going to satisfy both transparent bag haters and lovers, and also those who wanted an easier version of the envelope clutch. The main piece of this bag forms a pocket, which allows you to put pictures inside (or fabrics, drawings, whatever you want). This changes the design and the style of the bag in seconds. What do you guys think? Do you like the idea?

A few weeks ago, a subscriber asked me to made up a solution in order to make a bag using Hermès Jigé illustrated patterns, which are available on Hermès' Facebook fan page. I totally fell for their illustrations. I thought it was a pity to use them only for a paper bag. I think this is a good solution to make them wearable.
Pattern: Hermès Jigé - Jerome
Pattern: Hermès Jigé - Claire 
For this last option, I used a butterfly pattern I painted with watercolors when I was in high school. I'm very fond of it, but I'll make another design for this bag when my arm is fully recovered. As you might have seen, I didn't use the exact proportions of the Hermès Jigé. This is because I was more interested in the illustrations rather than making my DIY look like what it's not.

Do you guys like it? Have you seen these patterns before? This time you won't be able to complain about the DIY process because there's no easier bag. It has only three pieces and doesn't require sewing machine or glue. I'll post the tutorial soon!

Kisses!

3 comments:

  1. Another great DIY. You have a really exiting blog, you do now have an extra reader of your blog.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! What an amazing idea.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...